This independent review of creator content featuring haircare in Q4 2023 provides strategic data-driven direction for brands in Q1 2024.
It also features two comparative data charts:
- The top ten most engaging influencer ads about haircare
- Top ten most engaging organic posts about haircare.
Key findings include:
– Creator haircare adverts outperformed organic posts in terms of consumer engagement. The top ten #ads delivered an average engagement rate of 17.1% while organic content had an average of 16.6%. This is partially due to the viral success of Chloe Frater‘s Reel for Lealuo.
– Haircare brands should commission more relatable and emotive creator content. Two organic posts really stood out in Q4. The first was a “wash day” commentary Reel by Elle McNamara which had a 23.2% engagement rate. The second was a video by Heather James – AKA Bowel Gran – showing her granddaughters doing her hair at home to create a fun look (11.5% ER).
Additional reading on CORQ:
- From rosemary oil to postpartum hair loss: Four online haircare conversations driving consumer engagement