This independent review of creator content about travel in Q4 2023 provides strategic data-driven direction for brands in Q1 2024.
It also features four data charts:
- The top ten influencer travel guide posts that drove most consumer engagement.
- Top ten influencer travel adverts.
- Top ten influencer posts about hotels.
- Top ten influencer posts about cruise experiences.
Key findings include:
– 60% of the most engaging creator travel guides were focused on areas, regions and cities in the UK. This suggests Q4 is a good time for British tourism boards, resorts, hotels and destinations to invest in influencer marketing.
– The majority of commercial influencer travel content, produced in partnership with brands, was not labelled as advertising. Creators are instead opting for labels such as “gifted stay” or “PR stay”. These terms are not recognised by the Advertising Standards Authority and this content should be signposted as #ad to ensure travel businesses are not the subject of consumer complaints to the regulator.
- 13.6M Brits have already booked their holidays for 2024: 7 travel trends for this year
- Case study: How five luxury travel brands are working with influencers
- Sustainable travel content analysis: Best sponsored and organic posts