Fashion and beauty influencer campaigns engaged consumers more than any other vertical in January 2023 on Instagram.
The two industries delivered over half of the best performing creator posts in the top 100, as analysed by CORQ.
Campaigns which delivered the highest engagement rates were united by several factors. Primarily, they were mostly Reels or carousels, suggesting single image posts continue to be a risky investment for brands relying on influencer content to drive awareness.
You may also like
In addition, creators soundtracking their videos with trending audio from TikTok drove engagement rates up as this generated additional conversation in comments sections.
Key statistics and observations on the top performing 100 influencer campaigns in January 2023 are as follows:
- The average engagement rate for best performing influencer campaigns on Instagram was 3.5%.
- The top 100 campaigns broke down by vertical as follows: Beauty (26%), fashion (31%), food and drink – 19%, interiors (13%), travel 7%, and entertainment and technology (4%).
- The top 100 broke down by content format as follows: Reels (73%), carousel (18%) and single image (9%).
- “Routine” videos had high reach, particularly those categorised as “Get Ready With Me”.
- Marks & Spencers was responsible for five high-performing influencer posts in the top 50 adverts.
- McDonald’s, Nando’s, Jack Wills and Gymshark each had two high performing posts in the top 50 adverts.
- Food adverts in the top 50 were primarily Reels demonstrating recipes by creators. The majority were vegan.
By Sara McCorquodale, CEO and founder of CORQ.