fbpx

TikToker banned from social media and faces prison sentence

Posted by Lauren Harris in News

9 months ago

TikToker Mizzy (real name Bacari-Bronze O’Garro) has been found guilty of two charges of breaching a criminal behaviour order and faces a potential prison sentence.

The 19-year-old appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 26 October after pleading not guilty to four counts of breaching an order that prevented him from posting videos online without the subject’s consent.

District Judge Matthew Bone found O’Garro guilty of two counts and cleared him of two others, as it was unclear if the videos had been recorded before or after he received the criminal behaviour order.

The judge told the defendant that the crimes he had been convicted of crosses the custody threshold. He ordered a pre-sentence report to be completed.

O’Garro has been released on bail and banned from posting on social media. He will be sentenced on 21 November at Thames Magistrates’ Court.

Trespass and posting without consent

On 24 May, the father-of-one was told to pay a total of £365 after pleading guilty to breaching a community protection order and filming himself entering a private home for TikTok.

Judge Charlotte Crangle ordered O’Garro must not directly or indirectly post videos on social media without the documented consent of the people featured in the content, that he must not trespass into private property, and that he must not attend the Westfield shopping centre in Stratford.

During the trial at Stratford Magistrates’ Court, it was stated that the defendant began sharing videos of people without their consent within hours of the order being passed.

The court also saw footage shared on O’Garro’s Twitter (now X) account (@mizzyisbanned) that night of him standing outside Westfield and riding a bike through Sainsbury’s.

The same day he also appeared on Piers Morgan’s TalkTV show and criticised Britain’s “weak” justice system.

A key witness for the defence was unable to provide evidence because he and O’Garro were arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice 10 days previously, the court head, and the pair have been prohibited from having any contact.

The defence lawyer requested the trial be postponed as the witness would have claimed that he posted the videos of O’Garro without his knowledge or consent but the application was rejected.

District Judge Bone said: “I have to say I did not accept the evidence of the defendant – it lacked all credibility. Within hours of the criminal behaviour order he posed (in Westfield) stating the video would be shared and it was.

“He had just appeared on national television saying the British law was weak. I found it to be an intentional, immediate and deliberate challenge to the criminal behaviour order.”

By Lauren Harris, CORQ editor.