This independent review of creators in the media for the first half of Q1 2024 reveals the creators and mediums driving the most audience engagement.
It also features five data charts:
- Creators in the news: audience engagement when creators share mainstream media coverage of their work.
- New releases (TV and film): top ten most engaged creators posts promoting new entertainment.
- Creators on the red carpet: top ten most engaged posts by creators from premieres.
- Creators and podcasts: top ten most engaged posts showcasing creators series and creators as guests on podcasts.
- Creator books: top ten most engaged new creator book announcements.
Key findings include:
– Social content about podcasts featuring creators drove an average audience engagement rate of 15% across the top ten most engaging posts.
– 80% of most engaging creator book announcements were for non-fiction titles which spanned cooking, interiors and memoir. All had a call to action encouraging their followers to pre-order.
– The Agency: Unfiltered is a surprise hit for the BBC if engagement with social content about the show is anything to go by. Creator content promoting the Scottish docu-series – which charts the highs and lows of Glasgow influencer agency Aquarius Creative – accounted for several of the most engaging posts across new releases and red carpet content.
– Sky Sports is getting industry-leading audience engagement with its creator-led social content. Three posts have scored highly in the past six weeks: Harry Pinero and Specs Gonzalez at Manchester United (15.5%), Gonzalez at Chelsea Football Club (13.7% ER) and Billy Wingrove chatting to Spurs midfielder James Maddison (6.9%).
Get the report:
Read and download the full report here.
- Influencer #ads in January 2024: Data analysis, statistics and key findings
- Sky Sports’ Cameron Sims on the huge success of SCENES
- YouTube Shorts explained: The pros and cons for brands